Provides a library of scripts for launching, orbital maneuvering (changing apoapsis and periapsis), and executing a node (a.k.a. node chaser).
Works with KSP 0.22.0 and kOS 0.9.2.
- Greatly increased accuracy of the LaunchToOrbit script. Default setting is for a low Kerbin orbit at 80km. I could achieve altitudes at 80500+-500m for periapsis and apoapsis.
- steer script reliably waits until ship is fully oriented, then quits.
- warpfor script has been extended to support all warp levels.
Launch To OrbitEdit
LaunchToOrbit gets your ship in low Kerbin orbit.
- controlled velocity during atmospheric ascent. Velocity will not exceed 200 m/s up to 13500m.
- controlled gravity turn. This example uses a cosine modulated turn. Start and end altitude are configurable.
- Automated stage transition when out of fuel (using when-then clauses). Needs to be adapated depending on configuration.
- Compensating for atmospheric drag when coasting to apoapsis.
- Time warp while coasting to apoapsis.
- Calculation of target velocity for circular orbit.
- Orbit insertion burn based on deltav as determined by aponode. Burn thrust will be throttled just before the end for increased accuracy.
- Turn the ship to Kerbin north pole orientation (R(-90,0,0) when in orbit. To make sure solar cells are receiving light. Direction to be customized.
- Extend antenna, lights, etc using an action group. TO be customized.
- Todo: limit thrust based on atmospheric drag.
- create maneuver node at periapsis for changing apopsis altitude (recommended as it is more efficient)
- create maneuver node at apoapsis for changing perapsis altitude, for example to cirularise an orbit:
- node execution script. The script will
- warp to 1min before burn
- orient the ship for the burn
- warp to burn
- burn full throttle, then
- for accurate deltav throttle down nearing burn end.
- Wait for dt seconds. Warps automatically.
- run warpto(time:seconds+60).
- Sets a body's properties global variables. A.k.a. "body database" by other kOS developers. Loads body specific properties for the current body.
- Gravitational parameter mu
- body radius rb
- atmosphere height ha
- low orbit altitude lorb
- currently works for Kerbin, Mun and Minmus. The constants are used in the aponode and perinode scripts.
- wait for ship to orient, then return
lock direction to prograde + R(90,0,0).
- run steer(direction).
- Mun/Minmus transfer burn and injection
- descent & landing w/ and w/o atmosphere
- ascent w/o atmosphere
- interplanetary transfers
- docking (requires kOS thruster support)
Baloan 22:08, November 15, 2013 (UTC)