This ascent script will deliver a payload in near Kerbin orbit. Currently it is hardcoded to 100km. Cirularisation quality is ~ 1% (
abs(apoapsis - periapsis) / apoapsis + periapsis). Works with KSP 0.22.0 and kOS 0.9.2.
- controlled velocity during atmospheric ascent. Velocity will not exceed 200 m/s up to 13500m.
- controlled gravity turn. This example uses a cosine modulated turn. Start and end altitude are configurable.
- Automated stage transition when out of fuel (using when clauses). Needs to be adapated depending on configuration.
- Time warp while coasting to apoapsis.
- Calculation of target velocity for circular orbit.
- Orbit insertion burn based on target velocity. Burn thrust will be throttled just before the end for increased accuracy.